Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Regarding Peugeot(###) ###-#### ***** ***** a belt or a chaine for

Customer Question

Regarding Peugeot(###) ###-#### ***** ***** a belt or a chaine valves. If belt when do you ch
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

..

Hopefully i can help..

What engine size/fuel type is the car? Or supply VIN number to check ..?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a Peugeot 306 year 2000 updated version 1,6 L Cab. I am about to buy it and the seller does not know if the belt hasbeen changed. The car has 17600 km. on the clock.

Regarding the electric cab which doesn't work. He says the electric engines works buy the cab doesn't open. Could it be operated manually or could it be a little detail only?

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

..there thanks reply..

Ok..the 1.6 petrol is a Timing belt engine - you'll note the black plastic timing cover on the left hand side of the engine or main belt side..you can remove the top cover via the 2 small 10mm bolts to see the belt if need be...But the replacement times are usually every or nearing 80,000miles or 60months which ever comes first..so if there is no note or replacement been done at any point then im afraid that would be something to consider getting done..as if left then you could run the risk of the belt going and damaging the engine internally.. Replacement has to include the full timing belt kit with the tensioner aswell as the water pump.....

Im not sure what you mean by electric cab? if you mean the electric roof or convertible then if that does work then it could prove expensive if it control/motor fault especially at that age of car etc..but best to check the fuses first if required..but as above in regards ***** ***** timing belt replacement times that what they are.. every or nearing 80,000miles or 60months which ever come first...I do hope this helps