Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have a Peugeot 307 Diesel registered March 2006.

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 307 Diesel registered March 2006. For the past few months I have been having an intermittent problem with the power steering. The car has done less than 75,000 miles. When it first happened I was on holiday in England and the AA told been to take it to the nearest Halfords which I did. They could not find anything wrong with it. However the problem keeps coming back. It is as if I have a front wheel tyre puncture, in other words the steering become very heavy. I spoke to my local garage owner and he said he was sure there had been a recall on this model. I phoned the nearest Peugeot dealer who is nearly 40 miles away in Peterhead. A lady answered the phone and said at once there had been no recall on this model. She said I would have to pay to get the car examined and pay again to have it repaired. Can you tell me if there was a recall on this car? If so, I was never notified. My local garage informs me that the power steering is electrically operated and they have no experience of dealing with it. If necessary, I will go the your dealer in Dundee because Peterhead is a very difficult place to get to from Aberdeen where I live. Have you heard of this problem before? Thank you for your attention to this question David XXXXXX

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello David,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer so I wish to continue waiting.

David

Hello David,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please close my question and reverse my charges.

David