Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

how do i rectify my antipolution fault

how do i rectify my antipolution fault
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there apologies for the delay..

Ok..the anti pollution fault message you get is in regards ***** ***** engine managment picking up on a fault on the emissions...you dont mention what test/things checked you had done upto this point..so from ideally in all situations when that warning come up it has to be plugged into a scanner to see what fault codes are being logged in the ecu..only then can proper checks be made or components/sensors replaced..depending exactly what fault code you get.as that normally the first step that done when such faults as these arise..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the answer that came was to do with the camshaft being retarded

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Givin that you havent mentioned the cars details/engine nor the actual fault code - the camshaft being retarded i asume would mean you have the vvt engine - in that case timing needs to be checked ideally to be honest - cam shaft sensor - wiring - faulty VVT "variable valve timing" solinod - faulty camshaft dephaser pulley noticable sometimes with rattling from the timing cover....

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fault fixed/it was to do with the accelerator