Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have lost the main beam facillity on the off side xenon headlight,

I have lost the main beam facillity on the off side xenon headlight, I cannot seem to find a solution, swapping bulbs from the near side does not have any effect, do you have any advice?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.. Sorry to see you have had a wait..

Please give me the FULL details of the car you have - a full reg will help too.. then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Mike,

My car is a Peugeot 3008 1.6 THP, OY10FBC is the reg, I think the problem in question comes from the deflector in the headlight not opening to give a full beam, but how you would test this I don't know, but any help would be appreciated.

Phil

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Phil -

Thank you for your reply / info.. Sorry for my delay.. I wasn't on Sun / Mon.

Now, being the car this is Phil, you actually need plug in diagnostic equipment to see just what the fault is with the headlamp situation - you probably wont be surprised to hear that ... as most owners dont have such equipment, it will usually entail a trip to the local garage Im afraid. That said, you need to ensure the local garage has the right equipment/ software - to be honest , most dont...not for the ancillary equipment on the car ( lighting) - most have only for engine management / drive line etc -- you may well end having to use the local dealer. Now that said... I don't know other than bulb swapping what you have done - but you can use a test meter ( every day car one ) to test the circuit / supply and earths at the lamp connectors. If you find no supply -you know then you are back to checking the circuit ( fuses ) and wiring.
If its not that - then its a LM fault ( light module ) ...which actually powers the headlamps individually.. ( these are quite different to older models on these )

Again Phil the modules can only be successfully tested using plug in equipment t... Im not just saying "take it to a garage" but the equipment will be needed if you cant trace it using the volt meter..... So those are the ways forward on this one Phil to get this sorted for you..

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert