Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

We bought a Peugeot 3008 in November 2013, It is a 60 reg ,

Customer Question

We bought a Peugeot 3008 in November 2013, It is a 60 reg , in October last year 2014 the ESP light came on as we were driving on the motorway and the car lost power, we took it to our local garage who found a misfire on number 4 cylinder, they removed number 4 injector and carried out bench test on DIT 31, the injector passed at time of test , they switched numbers 3 and 4 and misfire stayed on number 4 cylinder, suspect cylinder fault as wiring harness and plug checked out ok, they said the vehicle will require compression test stripping and assessing fault, they carried out engine cylinder compression test removing various components to gain access and found number 4 cylinder no compression , the cylinder head was removed and they found the exhaust valve was fractured and damage to the cylinder bore, they removed the sump and piston horn bore, new piston rings were fitted, carried out full cylinder head recon, they fitted 1 new exhaust valve, cambelt was rebuilt with new gaskets, bolts, oil and filter change and antifreeze, they found the turbo collapsed this was due to metal contamination from the fractured valve, they removed the catalyst exhaust section due to blockage, this is causing excessive engine temperature and the cause of components failures. All this has cost us £2500 so farwe have been told we need a new catalyst and the car will require a possible regeneration a new catalyst will cost around £800 plus labour costs.The garage were also told that there was no warranty on the turbo due to known problems with this vehicle,We are extremely unhappy with this car, it is only 4 years old and we feel we shouldn't be experiencing these problems on a car that is only just out of warranty and that has only done 35415, we want to know what we can do about this and whether these faults are common with this type of car, or these are problems that shouldn't be happening.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.