Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

URGENT: CANNOT WAIT!! TORQUE SETTINGS PEUGEOT 306

Customer Question

Can you please tell me what the water pump flange bolts torque settings are for my 1999 Peugeot 306.  It is an1800 and a 16 valve.

The Haynes manual says 30Nm but it seems very high to me for this size of bolt.  I want to avoid stripping the thread in the block by doing them too tight and I don't want them too loose so that they come out and do serious damage to the engine.

I SAW THAT YOU PROVIDED ANSWERS RIGHT AWAY AND THAT IF I DO NOT GET AN SATISFACTORY ANSWER I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ...................  I cannot wait and must have a definite  answer before 9 a.m. tomorrow, please.  OTHERWISE I SHALL JUST TIGHTEN THEM AS I THINK FIT.

So if your answer is delayed beyond 9 am tomorrow 10 March 2015  then it won't be an answer at all AND I WILL NEED THE RETURN OF MY £13.

John

Category: Peugeot