Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot 508 and possibly require a new particle filter

I have a Peugeot 508 and possibly require a new particle filter or the fluid topped up. The car has done 106000 miles and the lights on the dash are telling me that the fluid level is getting low. Can you tell me how much either solutions will cost to fix. Thank you.
My e-mail is *****@******.***
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

New DPF's are roughly in the region £1,300 from the dealer..you can get a refill kit for eloys fluid additive - this is held in small reserve tank near the main fuel tank..so each time the car is refilled with fuel the ecu calculates the amount of fuel and the amount of eloys to be injected in the fuel tank..when the eloys is refilled the eloys counter has to be reset via diagnostics theres no other way round it sadly..the kit sometimes varies but should se it being anymore the £150 plus a few hours labour time up in the air on 2 post lift to refill the tank and then reset it via diagnostics,it has to be done properly as far as refilling..the dpf can be regenerated through diagnostics.that would be one option but if the filter is saturated in soot and cant be forced regenerated then it has to be replaced..theres no option now to delete from the exhaust system as it will fail MOT...

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK