Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My 207cc has warning of Stop and shows message of engine temp

My 207cc has warning of Stop and shows message of engine temp at max! Engine management light on and the temp gauge goes to max when the engine is just started? Oil ok indicator is showing with key in ignition. Coolant level was down a bit? Any ideas
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..

Hopefully i can help

If the temp guage flys upto the red at cold then normally thats down to faulty coolant temp sender on the thermostat housing.. I don't think you have whats termed as common overheating issue - if the temp registers overheating as soon as the key is turned or basically on cold engine - there is chance this is more of an electrical fault ie:- temperature sender unit fault giving/sending out incorrect readings which in turns makes out the engine is overheating "which it isn't really" and thus kicks the fan in .they would need to test for that..try that sensor it will be usually located on the thermostat housing as i said with a green plug body..and shouldnt take long to fit..some are built into the thermostat housing but on the 207 depending which engine you have the sensor can be replaced on its own..and then see if that solves that problem..you can of course as first step get the car plugged in and see if the faults codes stored "hence the engine management light" and see if its related to the coolant temp sensor..I do hope this helps