Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Cooling fan comes on as soon as engine starts and stays on

Cooling fan comes on as soon as engine starts and stays on when engine is switched off
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

What - Model / Year / Engine is your Peugeot?

Anything checked or replaced so far upto this point?

Any other warnings come up since this fault occurred?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Peogeut308sw 2008 1600cc. Oil warning light came on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Peugeot 308 sw 1600cc 2008 oil warning light came on .oil checked found to be low oil added
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Normally the oil warning wouldnt cause the fan to kick in that quick under cold engine - so long as the oil has been topped up and that warning has gone out..the only sensor that would likely cause this is the coolant temp sender/sensor thats part of the thermostat housing..some are intigrated in to the whole housing and some can have the sensor replaced on it own without thermostat housing renewal..so best place to start would be to have the coolant temp sensor changed...and see if that solves it..it quite a common problem so it would be well trying that..added to that who ever you do get to repair this they can diagnostically test for fault codes which in turn will confirm if indeed the sensor is at fault.....I do hope this helps

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK