Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have a 2007 Boxer 2.2 hdi 120bbp puma engined motorcaravan

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Boxer 2.2 hdi 120bbp puma engined motorcaravan with 36,000 miles on the clock. Recently it occasionally belched black smoke whilst climbing hills but then seemed fine for about 300 miles. Today I had to move the vehicle several times just after cold starting and started and stopped the engine a couple of times then when trying to pull away the engine bogged down and stalled. Restarting caused clouds of black smoke, repeated stall twice then I managed to coax the engine to keep running rather roughly until it seemed to clear as the speed picked up. For the next few miles (in stop start traffic) the engine kept bogging and smoking until it seemed to clear when the engine temperature reached normal. Once on clear roads and at 50 mph the problem disappeared and engine ran fine for the rest of a 220 mile journey including several short stops and restarts. At no time were there any malfunction lights on the dash. Could this be a sticky egr valve or what?
Mike
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not found an answer and would like to close the question and receive a refund of my payment.

Mike XXXXXXX