Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK

I have a Peugeot 207 1.6hdi Reg KR11XEG the Power steering

Customer Question

Hi I have a Peugeot 207 1.6hdi Reg KR11XEG the Power steering has stopped working and I have the warning light on the dash (no other lights on dash abs,etc and the speedo works fine ) I think it may be the Maxifuse MF10 blown but I can't find it .had a look in the underbonnet fuse box ,removed the 'inner fuse box to check the Maxifuses underneath but all are fine and were numbered differant and smaller amps (the one for P.S. is 80 amps)
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by inner maxi fuse box? have you checked the smaller fuse box 2 in the same area as the main fuse box within the engine bay? there is only one with 80amp on it if i recall

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi you can lift the fuse carrier from under bonnet main fuse box by opening some clips and the maxifuses are underneath they are all ok is this the fusebox 2 you are refering to ?

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

The main maxi fuse holder is at the base of the top fuse panel front in the engine bay.the main ecu with the 3 plugs is in front of it - you can lift the main fuse panel as you have done to see it seems you've already checked them..there is only one 80amp maxi on that need to be 100% sure is still intact.if you had a test light some of the fuses have small metal tabs on the top of them and see if the light comes on on both sides of the fuse as that will tell you the fuse is say at least remove it and check it..but first off it would be ideal to leave everything as it is for 3 minutes rule "drivers window down first" then remove the battery negitive terminal after 3minutes is up as this lets everything bsi power down . then inspect the fuses again..if intact then refit everything back and reconnect battery and wait 15minutes before restarting the car and check to see if the power steering as reset after disconnecting battery.. if not then you need to dig deeper into the fault

by a process of inspection of the charging system "as the electric steering will rely heavily on the alternator/battery working effectively and checking the wiring harness/connectors to the steering motor/control unit - further to that the next stage is to get it on a diagnostic machine specific for peugoet "peugeot planet" to see if that can retrive info on whats gone wrong..if the PS warning light is on at the moment then there should be codes to retrive..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are 6 maxi fuses under fuse panel 3x30amp,3x60 amp, no 80 amp

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.according to the diagram without actualy vin there should be an 80 rated fuse on the centre of the fuse panel .but dont mention it being 60amps unless they changed it somepoint which can happen alot with peugeot/citreon etc..check the centre fuse on that panel all the same.... normally this is where the PS steering fuse is located..and there isnt any other maxi fuse panel in that region
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, vin number is ***** if this helps

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Ok..ive been through the wiring diagram/location of the maxi fuses accroding to vin and it seems to be the same for some odd reason - it only shows your top main board/then the card as they define with the maxi fuses along the front fact there was a technical service bullitin covering the 207 regarding replacing it from 70amp to 80amp to rectify a simliar fault with fault code F047 logged in regards ***** ***** of steering..

apart from that i cant find anything the option of plug in diagnoses to see what kind of fault it it more common for the control module/motor itself to fail than anything eslse..

But i can opt-out and maybe another expert may have an idea....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,thank you for your help i will book it in for fault code reading tommorrow and take it from there .

P.S. Would you like an update later this week to see how i got on (for future reference ? )