Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I recently had the passenger side wheel hub and track rod

Customer Question

Hi I recently had the passenger side wheel hub and track rod end replaced in my peugeot 407 car and since it has come back a noise has developed when I engage first and reverse gear . Could you advise what this might be and if the two are coincidental or related. Thanks, Hilary

my email address is***@******.***

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

What type of noise do hear exactly?

Was this same the issue previous to those repairs above?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sounds like a grating noise - only happens when changing gear or if you tap the clutch pedal to biting point. The car didn,t make this noise at all before the hub repairs .Just been out in the car again and it sounds like a chirpie kind of noise until the gear is engaged.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

By the sounds of your description is possible the problem may lay with the release bearing as per the clutch..if the noise only happens when operating the clutch as such.so that would something to certainly have checked out..But id say the best course of action from this point considering it is difficult to say exactly without actually hearing in person - would be to have the side that was worked on or repaired re inspected to ensure everything is back in order and the driveshaft to hub is fitted properly etc..and nothing else is out of place or rubbing up against items such as the driveshaft/hub/disc etc..but as above that would be about the best advice id say from this point on..

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
.