Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot 306 on reg: X413FDD identification number:

I have a Peugeot 306 on reg: X413FDD identification number: VF37ENFZP33138228
After 30mins the engine management light comes on and it stops running. It has spasmodically stopped whilst being driven. The diagnostic computer shows no fault. The petrol return pipe has blown about three times because of too much pressure. This pipe returns into a small plastic receptacle which sits on top of the petrol tank, ( I am unsure what this receptacle is or does.) I wonder if this could be the problem?
I would be most grateful for your advice.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Besides your Fuel pump/level sender unit.. there is a Fuel pressure regulator that also sits in top of the fuel tank too which is where you see the return line fit too..its possible its faulty or internally blocked..and as a result causing an increase in return line pressure which eventually blows the line off or causes it to leak or the car to stumble and cut out as fuels not able to return back to the tank from the engine - the regulator is only held to the tank via a meduim sized slide clip you need to pull out and thus you can then manipulate the regulator out the the top of the tank..and pretty much reversal of removal when fitting..so it certainly worth looking into as per replacing