Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

1991 Peugeot 205 diesel 1.8 litre with lucas pump and injectors.

Customer Question

1991 Peugeot 205 diesel 1.8 litre with lucas pump and injectors. 220,000 miles vibrates quite severely at tickover and is most severe as one passses around the 1500rpm mark (guestimate, since no tacho). No noticable drop in performance, but enginge always feels 'lumpy' and doesn't drive as smoothly as normal. Car 'chugs' on start up, but always fires first time (hot or cold, winter or summer). All 3 engine mountings and dampers changed, together with glow plugs, but to no efffect. 2 Injectors leaking slightly. Engine is a bit (blue) smokey on start up, but burns no oil between 5000mile oil changes. Effects reduce slightly as the engine warms up, but tickover vibration is always there. No black smoke ever and car still averages 69mpg. Problem has gradually got worse over the last 6 months. Valve adjustment, poor compression or injector? Can't think of anything else! Disconnected lower engine mounting and could see engine oscillating, but doesn't look too severe. However dipstick always vibrates and it never used to do this when functioning OK.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Shantal

Thanks for this information. Assuming that you cannot find an expert, then I guess my £13 will be refunded? If this is the case, then I will close the question; if not, then I will wait - within reason - until you have located an expert

Kind regards,

Dr. LawrenceXXX

Hello Dr Lawrence XXX Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you. Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know. Thank you for your patience, Shantal

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Shantal

I should be most grateful if you would return my £13 please (via paypal)

Kind regards,

Lawrence XXX