Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Why does my 2003 peageot 206 keep overheating apparent

Customer Question

why does my 2003 peageot 206 keep overheating for no apparent reason
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

If your having to continaully top up your coolant then the clue will be there..so obviously the loss of coolant will be the first step in the process of diagnosing why its overheating - so a basic / carefull inspection of the complete coolant system circuit inc all hose and connections/thermostat housing - radiator / timing cover around crank pulley "leaks round that would be water pump failure" / and too inside the car for leaks with the heater matrix...also check oil condition too..milky oil will mean headgasket failure as will continual vapour/white smoke from the exhaust

...If no leak can be found and coolant is still being lost then a pressure tester needs to be put on the expansion tank and the system pressure tested to force the leak to appear... also check the condition of the expansion tank cap and tears in the rubber seal will cause coolant to evaporate - also check the radiator coolaing fans still works..if not then then check it still spins by hand..if it stiff or stuck then thats your issue and needs replaced..if it doesnt kick in when the car overheats..then you'll need to look into the coolant temp sensor failure sensors are located on the thermostat housing...I do hope this helps