Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

We have a Peugeot 106 02 Regards ***** ***** the clutch started

We have a Peugeot 106 02 Regards ***** ***** the clutch started juddering about 2 weeks ago sometimes when pulling off. Yesterday evening it behaved very strangely and within a few hundred yards felt as though the brakes were on, and when I came to a junction I couldn't disengage it. They pedal goes to the floor without the usual resistance and the gear lever won't select any gear.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Oliver
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Sounds like either your clutch control cable has failed or stretched thus not disengaging the clutch properly to get it out of gear - or the clutch itself pressure plate is failing..if you can change gears ok with the engine off..then the gearbox should be fine..that means your going to have to inspect the clutch cable itself on both ends to at the pedal and at the gearbox clutch lever to see if the cable is still intact or not..aswell as check the ends to see if they have frayed - if the cables oks as far as you can tell then its likely the clutch needs replaced.i do hope this helps