Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

307 abs light on

Customer Question

307 abs light on
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..

I not eyou mention rear bug rings - Has this light come on after any work done on the car etc?

What other checks have you made or tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The light has been on for several weeks but not all the time,a new sensor

was fitted to the o/s rear which the computer indicated the fault was but it made no difference. Could the problem be in the front end.The ABS works when the light is not on,just under normal braking on adry straight road

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..

Well the ABS will work if the lights out but when the ABS light comes on detects a fault.then it doesnt effect braking just no controlled braking a bit like non-abs cars - Normally you need to drive the car whilst the computer connected to the car, drive it with all 4 sensors showing their live data. and that will confirm the fault or problem is as one of them will either show a different or no speed to the other three..are you sure you changed the correct side as O/S/R is the drivers back wheel..seen people do that before....the next stage is to check the wiring from the sensor back to the ABS pump module.check the pins at that and check that both wires are not broken. If you don't have a multimeter/continuity test from the main plug wiring connection point which the rear sensor plugs into back to the main harness plug at the pump..if you sure that the sensor is properly gapped/the hub/target ring is free of broken teeth/corrosion - the is no free play in the bearing..then pretty much leaves a pump/module fault...depends what the live data says and the actual fault code.......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have not told me how to rectify the fault, you have only told me what I already knew

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
This is what we see by you..

307 abs light on

Already Tried:
cleaned rear hub rings

Now you tell us how we are to know what you already know? I've told you with a multimeter/ performing a continuity test from the main plug wiring connection point which the rear sensor plugs into back to the main harness plug at the pump..but instead you comeback with one liner..that no use to anyone or us to get any further forward..