Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My Peugeot 206 will not start and is showing/ engine immobiliser

My Peugeot 206 will not start and is showing/ engine immobiliser fault. I renewed the key casing after it was last started. Any ideas please?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there...

So im asuming you just purchased the outer plastic casing and transfered over everything from the old key - circuit board/blade/transponder to the new one..then it should actually work - as all you have done is basically just replaced the plastic side of the key and that shouldnt stop the car from starting..if it was working ok before on the old key then i would maybe say check the old one and ensure you havent left out the transponder chip as that is there in the key so the reader coil around the ignition barrel can pick the key up and deactivate the immobiliser for the car to start.so check the old casing which the key blade was attached too around near the edge closest to the key blade you should see a small black chip thats the transponder that needs removed and reinstalled into the new casing.I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else then just continue