Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Have peugeot 308 59 plate engine management system fault displayed

Customer Question

Have peugeot 308 59 plate engine management system fault displayed plugged in twice no fault showing any ideas ????Thanks Patsy
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Patsy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.. Sorry to see you have had a wait.
What type of garage did the plug in tests for you on your car?
If you can let me know on that -then we can progress...
Too - is the engine fault light still coming on / was it on when the car was checked / tested?
Rgds, MIKE.............................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi had 2 different diagnostic tests first time came up with nothing reset back on after 30 odd miles second test again nothing didn't reset had a friend test it said 2 faults no codes and couldn't reset all just regular garages thinking might have to take to peugeot but going to cost arm and leg would rather fix it myself.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -
Thank you for your reply and further info there -
- As you can probably guess , thats why I asked about the type of garage-- I ask because you have a 59 reg Peugeot and a lot of garages' equipment while it will connect - it will not properly come up with the faults due to software differences - we see this a lot on Peugeot's / Renaults etc - its down to the protocols they use.. So in the case of vehicles that are being problematic - you do end up at least having the diagnostic test done - but then you can if you choose, have the actual work done elsewhere to keep costs down.
Another tip would be though to perhaps ring round the local garages and ask if any have the , whats called Planet equipment - this is dedicated Peugeot equipment... If you find one - check that it is indeed genuine - not "Chinese" - before you go for that .. there are lots of machines on the market of dubious origin..
Another thing - if you cannot get the fault to come up on fault code testing - the genuine machines can be used mobile in Live Data mode - so that as and when the fault occurs on the car, it will be picked up on the machine and then you have it for sure - so it can be fixed.
So those are the options / ways forward on this to get this sorted for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.