Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My head gasket gone in Peugeot 307 petrol 1.4 how much roughly

My head gasket gone in Peugeot 307 petrol 1.4 how much roughly would it cost to fix all
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Is the engine a 16 valve or an 8 valve?

Why was the thermostat housing replaced and what testing has been carried out to confirm the headgasket at fault?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a 1.4
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Ok..well pricing can change depending if it a 8 valve or 16 Valve engine - but normally pricing can vary alot on them - so you could be looking at a region of around £350, 4-5 hour job for the 8v and 16v in the region of £550 7-8 hour job - But it would have to include cylinder head testing incase it actually warped or cracked due to overheating if thats what happened - aswell as a new timing belt / water pump fit aswell as your headgasket set - But the best advice really is to phone around locally for the best quote you can get on the the entire job including parts and vat etc.. but you may want to confirm the heads gasket has gone by doing a compression test on each cylinder etc..I do hope this helps