Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Intermittent Ignition fault on Peugeot 206CC 2004.No problem

Intermittent Ignition fault on Peugeot 206CC 2004.No problem for most of the time but seems to be when engine is warm that this problem can occur.So far, after a while , the car then starts with no problem but fear I shall be stranded before long! When problem occurs dashboard lights stay on and Just a 'click' can be heard when ignition key is turned on, no other noise whatsoever!
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you -
Just before we progress - can I just ask, was the problem there before you had the work done -or did it come on after..?
Plus - can you give me the full reg of the car too -
Rgds, MIKE.....................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Service and MOT carried out on 23 June. Fault occurred for first time on 27 June after driving about 12 miles so engine was warm and car had only been stationery for a short while. Cam belt was not fitted until 6 July.

Registration number HD04JGV

I hope this is helpful Thankyou

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Valerie - Thank you for your reply and info -
Your most likely cause of the fault as you describe it, is the ignition barrel assembly itself..
This is a known / common fault on this model and your symptoms do fit..
I would just suggest to test this - it needs a meter connecting to the ign circuit at the starter motor "small" terminal - not the large one.. Then when the ign is turned to the start position, you should get full 12v power reading..
If you dont.. the ignition barrel is the definate suspect then - all else in the circuit having been checked - by that I mean for simple connections in the circuit / wiring faults..
If you do ( get the voltage ) .. then the "main" earth circuit needs to be checked on the car... if that is ok, then the stater motor is the suspect.
Working through as above will see this cured for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- I will be on later if needed.
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Mike.I will put your suggestions to my motor mechanic as soon as possible and if you are proved correct I shall be most grateful and will certainly let you know.

Valerie

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..
Thats no problem at all - Im glad to have helped ...
By all means let me know how you get on - you are welcome back too anytime..
Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Thank you too for doing the rating for me.