Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Fog lights In my Peugeot combi partner not working. Bulbs and

Customer Question

Fog lights In my Peugeot combi partner not working. Bulbs and fuse seem fine. What is the problem?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..Can I just ask - have you had the vehicle long / used to how it all works? Too - which fuses have you checked?Are we talking front or rear fogs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Had car for 7 years. Checked fuse for fog lights and none of the fog lights working

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi there..Ok - can you give me its Full reg..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OEZ 1214

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thats no good for me Im afraid.. In that case - lets try something else... Its a P Partner - what year - and exactly what engine does it have ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its a 2007 with a 1.6 diesel engine

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok - let me check on that .... Its very very busy here today - you dont have to stay on if you dont wish too.. When I post a reply back to you you will get an sms if you signed for that ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fog light on dash isn't working. I will go and await ur reply

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
just another Q....
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
( thank you for that )....
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Where you are - I assume Ireland.. is the combi also known as the Partner?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I m just trying to be sure I get the right schematic up ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im still here if u need to ask another question

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok - it was just that one -- is the combi also known as the Partner?... where you are - I assume Ireland.. ( Im in the UK )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Combi Partner. In northern ireland

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thats fine I thought so... Ok .. Im getting the schems up now for it.. thank you
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again...Ok - Ive had a real good look at the schems- and it is what I first thought it was... a BSi system issue ..If you are positive that the fuse is ok - and the bulbs are ok.. and I would suggest just swap things around a bit to try / to be sure.... but - do make sure you swap the bulbs for the right ones / type.. ie - a single pole not double pole bulb.. ( common mistake )You can also use a meter or 12v tester - on the actual circuit / bulb connections at the rear lamps to check for voltage to be sure..One other thing - if the vehicle has a tow bar - or has had one in the past.. its worth checking the actual wiring there - as often that can "alter" cause issues with lights etc..IF its nothing as above - if you still cant cure it - then you need to try a BSi reset - I can tell you how to do that if you like - / need -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Need to ask my son to deal with this as I don't know much about cars. Will come back to u. After he has tried what u suggest.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok - thats no problem at all.. Im always here daily so you can call me up anytime.. Just reply to this here as you have above if you need me -and I will respond as needed as soon as I receive anything from you --~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is a BSi reset something my son could be talked through or do we need a new part?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again - Thank you for your reply.Basically the Bsi is a body control unit that has the function of overall control of the electrics - practically all such things through it and you can get one circuit of it that 'breaks'.. But with it being a computer module, sometimes a reboot will cure the fault..so its always worth a try -before plug in diagnostic tests / parts replacements.. they are not cheap.SO to do the reboot / reset is as follows :1. Disconnect any diagnostic tool that may be connected.2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure allequipment is switched off.3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from theignition.4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait15 seconds.5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (donot open doors.)6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.9.remove key open & close door test central locking system10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of manyBSI related items.It can take two or three attempts of this procedure before it works.Then see if it works again now.. the fogs that is.If not - I would at this stage strongly suggest to have a garage plug in test equipment to trace it.. You would need a garage that has the equipment to deal with a Bsi - so ensure you tell them what you need as not many have the equipment. Of course all dealers do --If its determined the Bsi is faulty -you have a couple of courses of action.One - you can have it replaced.. again, not cheap.Two - you can send them for repair.. specialist companies have the equipment for this - I can give you ca contact if you decide on that.. or three - you can have someone..or an Auto Electrican simply by pass it and wire in a feed for the fogs and do it that way...Again - once you have done / tried the Bsi reboot, if that doesn't work, you have done all you can without equipment ( short of the bypass )Again then - let me know how you go...Please dont forget to click on the OK ratings for me at this time.. Thank you again for that.. Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank u so much for ur in depth answer. I will get my son to do what u suggest and let you know the outcome. He's away for a few days so it will be next week sometime. Gerry

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Gerry -
Thank you for your reply - thats no problem at all , Im glad to have helped.
Indeed you can get back to me any time at all that you might need / wish.. Im always happy to help more so too if I can.
--Can I just ask that you click on the OK ratings for me at this point please Gerry as thats how justanswer credit me for my time etc in helping you - again, doing so does not mean you can't get back to me - you can anytime.
Thank you again -
Best Rgds, MIKE.