Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Typical cost of fault analyis and repair for a 52 reg Peugeot

Typical cost of fault analyis and repair for a 52 reg Peugeot 307 with an ABS error warning light coming on and staying on after 1 mile into every journey
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..apologies for the delay..
Typically you would be best to start off with a scan of the ABS system diagnostically as this will detail exactly what type of problem has occurred..so normally a test like should be in the region of £40 - once you know that these codes are or after alive data scan whilst the cars driven to monitor the abs system..then you have a better idea what area you need make checks on..from what your saying its highly probable its a wheels sensor or target ring issue the sensor reads..but without knowing what side or codes are stored your basically in the dark and costing can vary alot depending on the nature of the problem,so as you'll understand at this very early statge without proper testing its pretty hard to give a typical cost..but if its a sensor..then that sensor can visually checked..the sensor tip.target ring checked for issues/corrosion build up that can be cleaned..or any wheel hub movement due to a bearing issue causing the abs to flag up...so as above thats normally the standard first check with this type of fault..
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robert . Can the visual check be carried out without having to remove major brake components to gain visual access to the sensors?
Don Crowland