Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a peugeot 207 gt hdi 110bhp the depollution system

Customer Question

Hi i have a peugeot 207 gt hdi 110bhp the depollution system faulty light has came on the dash. I had the dpf removed a couple of days ago what could this be?
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This vehicle is year 2007
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..
Why was the DPF removed?
What testing prior to removal was carried out?
Mileage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The oil feed pipe for turbo was replaced as it was leaking
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..
The oil feed/supply line to the turbo core shouldnt cause the depollution system warning to come up nor should it require the DPF removal..If its been totally removed from the exhaust system then the car will certainly fail its next MOT according to new rules surrounding the presense of the DPF needs to be seen - If the DPF is restricted or the cars unbale to self regenerate then they can perform a forced regen if that doesnt work then the dpf needs replaced along with the clearing out the differential pressure sensor tubes - other issues that can crop up with that warning - the eloys fluid system problem or needing topped up / fuel filler cap faulty /wiring / or fueling pressure issue maybe a bad fuel filter /intake system, exhaust gas recirculation valve faulty/blocked up with soot very common fault.... I note that you dont mention any proper testing with regards ***** ***** scanning to see what fault codes are present..if that hasnt been carried out uptill this point then that certainly needs to be done in any case with problems like this before moving on to any other checks etc...but as above if your DPF has been totally removed then that will cause the car to fail its MOT.....I do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then please do before you rate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The dpf was removed and refitted it is back on the car it was to gain access to the oil feed pipe which bolts to the block behind the dpf
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..
In any case removal/refit of dpf shouldnt cause that..double checked the gas temp sensor/pressure pipes are back on ok...failing that like i say above you'll need to find out what the fault codes are stored in the ecu..or try giving the method of finding clear stretch of road/motorway for upto 25-30miles in 4th gear..keeping the revs up helps bring the temperature of the dpf up to is desired temp to see if that helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you know if the dpf is out of fluid?
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..the
The DPF doesnt hold fluid - you can check the percentage/values of eloys within the holding tank..not only visually by removing the holding tank covers but also using as i mentioned before through diagnostics..but normally if the eloys is running low then car will tell you through a warning up on the message screen,the additive is low..if at any point the additive needs to be topped up..then the values need to be reset again via diagnostic's or PP2000...