Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I am in the process of buying a 2 berth motorhome registered

Hi I am in the process of buying a 2 berth motorhome registered in 1999. It is a Peugeot Boxer T606 AFG.
It is diesel and I didn't understand that to drive around I need to have the motorhome converted because of the emission. I live in Orpington, Kent and I am being told different information as to whether I need it to be converted.
I live on the edge of Bromley Borough and will not be driving the motorhome into London.
My questions are:
(1) Should it be converted as the boundary is confusing on the TFL website and I cannot understand it.
(2) If it does have to be done what is the cost?
(3) I haven't a clue about it all?
I am in a right state about it. The people I am buying it from live in Eltham, SE9 will I be charged to drive it to my home at Orpington? which is 10 minutes away.
Where is the best place to take it and the cheapest - i.e. Will Kwik Fit do it and will I be charged for driving it 5 minutes away.
I am having panic attacks about it all, being told £100 to drive it for a day. I am a disabled driver.
Can you assist please.
Many thanks.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise - Sorry to see you have had a wait...To help me to help you further - what is your postcode? Too - will you be driving through / across the borders on your way home?... or any time after that - that you speak of?Please let me know here and as soon as I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter - Kind Rgds, MIKE.............................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

I will be in the London Borough of Bromley, but just cannot find a garage near me that does emission alterations.

The government have introduced this law, but where is a garage that can do it or can a mechanic come to my home near Orpington.

Ir seems crazy that all the big garagages are not equipped to deal with this rule.

I hope you can assist, I have now tried for two days.

Andrew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Post code BR5 3DZ

I have tried every gararge around Orpington because it does need to be changed. Not one can do it - i.e. Kwik Fit, and all the big garages - no luck.

I have now been trying for two days.

Andrew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Andrew - Please give me some time to look at this in more depth for you - I will get back to you later / this evening if thast ok.MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that will be great.

Andrew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
HI again Andrew - Can you please give me the FULL VIN of the vehicle -? DO you have that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes Peugeot Boxer 270 TD SWB

Registration number T606 AFG

Thanks Mike,

Andrew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Andrew - but its the VIN ( chassis number ) I need - thats a 17 digit number.... It will be on the Registration doc if you have that --I could also do with its weight - if you have that ... Doesnt matter if not - but I would need the VIN as above then--
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Well as I don't have the vehicle until the weekend, I only have the new keepers details which I hope helps.

1905 cc

Doc. Ref. No. 35134(###) ###-####/p>

Despatch Codes:(###) ###-####002635 37

That is all I have until the seller gives me the documentation.

Andrew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Andrew - Ok - the VIN is not in the above no... If I had that I could have been double sure - but -basically this is where Im up to -- if the weight of the vehicle is below / Less than 2.5t GVW - then its not affected by the rules on LEZ... If its over - then it is and would need modifying-- so so you know if that helps Andrew - at this stage at least.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have phoned the seller and the VIN no is as follows:

VF3231E8215685388

The lady does not know the weight.

Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Any joy in working out if it is compliant yet. If not the nearest garage please.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Andrew - Im sorry I was not due back on until now - I can confirm for sure that your vehicle there does not comply - so it will have to have conversion work done to meet the compliance.. Thats if you definitly need it to be - the other option is of course is to PAYG - Pay as you go - into the zones....if you rarely go into the zones, that may be a decent option.. But for compliance - to avoid that , you would need to have the work done.I have this link for you HERE - click the link.. that will take you to options - re getting a filter fitted to comply. Any local garage can fit these Andrew - I cant give you prices - you would need to get quotes as prices differ per area / garage... but that is the way to go.But you should find everything you need on that link / page above Andrew.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Since yesterday I have found out from a garage that due to the model and age of the vehicle it cannot be changed.

Consequently have contacted the seller and told her that I won't be buying it. No point if every time I go out in it £100 a day charge.

Thanks for your assistance.

Andrew

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Andrew -
Thank you for your reply.
It can actually be done Andrew - but its so costly whichever option is chosen - ie, having a filter system fitted ( see HERE )...or , having a gas conversion done.
Filter fitting is anything from £1500 up... most likely why the garage just said that -and "opted out" if you like...
The engine in the vehicle you have there is the basic Peugeot XUD engine...
But I do think if I was you , I would have done the same thing - if you are going to spend that sort of money on the job , you may as well go for a newer type that has the DPF filter systems already fitted..
Im glad to have helped you anyway Andrew...
-Please could you just click on the OK ratings for me at this point - as that's how Im credited for my time etc -- Thank you for that ...
All the very best to you - and you are welcome back anytime.
Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert