Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My warning lights come on flashing up anti pollution

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
What Model / Engine / Year / Mileage of Peugeot do you have?
Any recent work done on the vehicle?
Any issues performance wise since this occurred?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
206cc / 1.6 / 2002/1001 miles just passed its mot for the year no issues at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea pls
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Ok...the Anti-pollution in short indicates the presence of a fault, either in the engine management system that affects the vehicle's emissions.Any malfunction like a slight misfire,timing issue. fuel mixture too rich or lean over a priod of time can trigger this warning or the cat converter is faulty..it can also be due to lack of general use where the engine isnt able to burn of excess carbon/soot deposits that often coat oxygens sensors to monitor the exhaust gas flow..and thus causes issues there..if the mileage you say at 1001 is correct...The problem with these warnings to get an idea whats actually going on is to find out what fault codes the ecu has stored and those need to be retrived diagnostically..once you know what these are..then we'll know or have a better idea what your needing to check here..and if anything actually needs replaced or not...But as above thats normally the reason and steps you need to take to deal with this problem..I do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then just continue before you rate
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK