350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

2003 boxer 2.8 HDI in France , had the oil changed about 1

2003 boxer 2.8 HDI in France , had the oil changed about 1 year ago, ever since then gassy fumes when the drivers window open LHD. Oil level is correct. Graham.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello this sounds like you may have an exhaust leakI'd start by checking all the exhaust joints - where the manifold joins the head and the down pipe joints just before the catylst - the best way to do this is to start the engine from cold and feel around each joint with your bare hands - feeling for exhaust gas blowing over your fingers - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot.
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that, the local French garagist the says it is the norm but it never used to have fumes coming through the drivers window. Thanks Graham