Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Recently bought a new 508 SW.....the car handles like a bar

Customer Question

Recently bought a new 508 SW.....the car handles like a bar of soap compared to previously owned 407 and 406...mild but for me annoying and dangerous self centering steering I think....any solutions welcome....

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..You say the car handles like you say - are you meaning its "loose" on the road?Have you had it checked by Peugeot - and if so , what have they said?Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello mike

Quote from The Daily Telegraph's motoring correspondent 27.8.15...' Sadly the 508 doesn't live up to its predecessors. The main problem is the steering, which is slow, has an odd, artificial weight to it and doesn't communicate anything about what is happening at the front of the car.' Exactly. Other owners I have spoken to agree.I have not had the vehicle 'checked' by Peugeot because i. I am abroad at the moment and ii. I would like some objective advice ....from you....on what you think the manufacturer/dealer should do about this. My staring point at the moment would be to ask them to 'correct' the self -centering steering but I am not a mechanic and this may be a an incorrect diagnosis/suggestion.

However I do have over 50 years motoring experience and this is one of the worst handling cars I have ever driven.....I would even go so far as to say that it is potentially dangerous and should be withdrawn by the manufacturer if nothing can be done to improve its handling.

Looking forward to YOUR observations and advice before approaching Peugeot .

Roger Tingle