Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My car is a peugeot 207 estate on 58 plate. my problem is

My car is a peugeot 207 estate on 58 plate.
my problem is in the mornings i start my car up & alsorts of mesages com up on screen
power stearing fault / abs faulty / cercuit board problems. then after a few miles of driving all problems go away untill i turn off engine then restart the car again. I have been told it could be my battery nearing its end of life or BSI box needs replacing, what do you think.?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..
If it were me checking id certainly start with the battery / charging system on these first,it very common for failing batteries to cause symptoms like that,because those systems you see flag up on the screen/dash rely alot on a healthy battery/charging system to work effectively..rather than jump straght in with an expensive BSI replacement..The battery like you say would need to have it tested first before you go out buying one..normally when a battery struggles to hold charge then it can cause alot of issues like you see when coming to start the car until of course the alternator has recharged the battery thus those warnings go out..I do hope this helps