Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

How do I remove the plastic locking ring on a 2003 Peugeot

How do I remove the plastic locking ring on a 2003 Peugeot 307S Fuel Pump/Sender Unit. A hammer and cold chisel approach is not working?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi...there..

The Black securing ring around the pump sender - should just spin off anticlockwise once you getting it started - unless you havefuel tank lock ring removal tool to use a 1/2inch ratchet to turn it then your pretty limited otherwise if that rings pretty tight..you can get universal ones 2 or 3 leg ones that grips the ring/protruding edges you've got your chisel against..think sealey does one the cheapest i think.. then the only option is to use a wide head screwdriver or flat blunt ended chisel and hammer/shock it round - maybe try spraying in some wd-40 into the edge of the ring where its holding the pump/sender unit in and see if that helps get into the threads..and hope it hasnt been cross threaded by a previous removal job..in that case you need to cut the ring/split it off and replace it..as they arent that dear to buy maybe less than £20 to be honest..unless you can get one for nothing out a breakers yard...Maybe get someone to press down the centre of the fuelpump/sender unit housing - whilst you do what you have done upto now to take some of the upward pressure from the pump/sender unit..once you see it moving then you've pretty much got it...I do hope this helps..if you have anything else to ask or add then please continue before you rate