Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

How do I remove the plastic locking ring on a 2003 Peugeot

How do I remove the plastic locking ring on a 2003 Peugeot 307S Fuel Pump/Sender Unit. A hammer and cold chisel approach is not working?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi...there..

The Black securing ring around the pump sender - should just spin off anticlockwise once you getting it started - unless you havefuel tank lock ring removal tool to use a 1/2inch ratchet to turn it then your pretty limited otherwise if that rings pretty tight..you can get universal ones 2 or 3 leg ones that grips the ring/protruding edges you've got your chisel against..think sealey does one the cheapest i think.. then the only option is to use a wide head screwdriver or flat blunt ended chisel and hammer/shock it round - maybe try spraying in some wd-40 into the edge of the ring where its holding the pump/sender unit in and see if that helps get into the threads..and hope it hasnt been cross threaded by a previous removal job..in that case you need to cut the ring/split it off and replace it..as they arent that dear to buy maybe less than £20 to be honest..unless you can get one for nothing out a breakers yard...Maybe get someone to press down the centre of the fuelpump/sender unit housing - whilst you do what you have done upto now to take some of the upward pressure from the pump/sender unit..once you see it moving then you've pretty much got it...I do hope this helps..if you have anything else to ask or add then please continue before you rate

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK