Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My peogot 207 the washers have just stopped working - no noise

Customer Question

my peogot 207 the washers have just stopped working - no noise no nothing. ive changed fuse but no good what is the problem before i spend loads on diagnostics etc. thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Difficult to say without actually testing to see if the washer pump itself on the washer reservior is getting a signal/feed when its commanded too by the washer/wiper stalk...you need to get either a test light or mulitmeter..then access the washer motor..pull the electrical plug from the washer pump/motor..then see if a signal or voltage is being sent to the pump when wiper stalk is actuated..if its does send a feed/command down to the pump then it highly likely the washer pump has failed and would need replaced..if you have power probe you could actually send voltage to the washer pump motor on its own to see if it activates..that way you'll know either way if its faulty or not..and the problem isnt more with the stalk itself.you would need to spend loads on diagnostics as it pretty basic circuit the washer pump circuit..the only time that likely be required/programming is if the fault more to with the stalk itself which is part of the com2005 or the bcm.wiring that controls the washers/wipers..I do hope this helps