Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

There. i have a 206 hdi 2002.i have no side or tail lights and my f

hi there. i have a 206 hdi 2002.
i have no side or tail lights and my fog light is stayin on at all times even when car is not in use
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.You need to check the circuit properley through - but given the previous owner has done what you say - I would fully expect a fault with the main BSi unit - the main computer for that circuit.As such- you can either do what the other guy did - run seperate wiring to make it work - or, have it checked properly - it will need a plug in computer check as its a proper computer you are dealing with there Im afraid - Any Peugeot garage can do this for you - or any local garage that has the correct equipment.Im sorry its not an easy fix this one - Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi mike. thanks for the reply. I have had it checked and been told I have to get a new bsi.
he also said I wld have to change the ecu aswell. is it possible just to change the bsi or what else is involved
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again - My sincere apologies, I have been off for a few days with illness.No you shouldn't have to do anything with the main Ecu no... the BSI units fail in themselves... The main Ecu has nothing to do with the light system neither.If you change the BSi, you will need to have it programmed to the car- much better really to send yours off for test / repair.I hope that helps you further - let me know if you need anything more.Or, if we are done, please click on the OK ratings for me at this point.. Thank you.. and again, you can still get back to me after doing that.Rgds, MIKE.