Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I've just had the flywheel replaced three days ago on my 2005

Customer Question

I've just had the flywheel replaced three days ago on my 2005 407 but now, when I decelerate in 4th gear, the gear lever moves forward but in 3rd gear it jumps back toward me. The car is diesel and has only done 91,000 miles
Geoff
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Geoff,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeff . Two things can cause this to happen after a gearbox removal . 1. Shifter linkage badly adjusted .2. The engine /gearbox mounts are bad or lose . Typical issue after this work has be done .. Have the garage that did the work correct this issue . You May also notice if you accelerate then decelerate you have movement in the engine and transmission if this is the case then its a engine /transmission mount .. Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took the car back to the garage on friday 02/10/15 and insisted that they retained the old clutch and flywheel components. They were of the opinion that the failed flywheel had somehow damaged the gearbox. I took it back again on 07/10/15 and they removed the gearbox and discovered that the original shim, something to do with the clutch release bearing had inadvertently been left fitted. They removed the shim, replaced the gearbox and the problem has been solved at no extra cost to myself

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Good news that they did stay honest good shop keep with them .Thank you for getting back Happy motoring ,rgds Greg