Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Peugeot 206 SW 2.0 diesel, 03, just had rear wheels off to investigate knocking when o

Hi, Peugeot 206 SW 2.0 diesel, 03, just had rear wheels off to investigate knocking when over bumps, the is daylight visible through sway bar bushes. due MOT in 2 months - will it pass if sway bars just removed altogether? Car has 140k & not worth splashing out on
MN
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
There always a fail point on these sw estates.the procedure is normally full replacement of the both arms which will already have the bushing installed.. The problem is its part of the car suspension and stability balance - removing them could effect or fail mot due to rear suspension imbalance or parts of the suspension missing..if there good mot tester they will spot it a mile off and question why they are not there or been replaced and its upto them to fail or advise you to replace them..i think that would likely happen to be honest...the only route you can go down is find a cheap pair off ebay to get it through the mot or look around a few breakers yards..other than there fitted for a reason and its manily due to it being a estate unlike its smaller hatchback that doesn't have them - in that view in my professional opinion i can't advise to remove them and leave them off..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** sense, I was looking at forums where they were discussing hatchbacks. I'll wait for the MoT fail cert to see if there are other jobs which might make the whole package uneconomic.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..
Yes but the hatchback rear axle differs to that on the SW as you'll have seen... But yeah id say that would be best way forward in this situation at least to put it through and see what else is picked up on or needing done and then take it from there..if its just them needing replaced? then its not so bad and might be worth doing at least.... I do hope this helps further...Also please dont forget to rate one of the answers above most appreciated..
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK