Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

607 HDi 2003 no power when the engine is cold and the temperature

Customer Question

607 HDi 2003 no power when the engine is cold and the temperature outside is below 13 degrees. Above 13 degrees the engine power is back and driving without problem. Does anyone have a clue what was going on ?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.I have come across this problem a few times on these engines, Before going further I strongly recommend the car is put onto a diagnostic system to check for any faults and carry out some basic checks to confirm the fault, but the "Coolant temperature sensor" Is the usual culprit. When this sensor fails the engine will either think its hotter than it is, or cooler than it is, this will effect the ECU reducing engine power. The sensor it's self is around £20 so it is not too expensive to fix. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.