Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Robert I'm John. water seems to be disappearing from car,(###) ###-####c, no leaks.

Hi Robert I'm John. water seems to be disappearing from car,(###) ###-####c, no leaks. Could it be finding its way into the engine and be the reason anti pollution light is showing.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
If its burning coolant then its possible for the antipollution light to come up - if there is no sgns of external leaks from under the car or even damp areas within the footwells caused by fault matrix..then the only place it can go is getting drawn into the cylinder or cylinders depending on the fault..normally usually the headgasket - the first step ideally on this would be coolant system pressure test - as this can highlight whether pressure drops once the system is under pressure or the leak is forced to appear if the leak only happens under certain engine temperature conditions...the next test is compression test as this will check for low compression on a cylinder - and will mostlikely be where the coolants going..having said that spark plug condition will likely give away what cylinder it is - another test that can be carried out is combustion leak test as this will test for exhaust gases within the coolant system....but if your finding cross contamination under the oil cap aswell as the dipstick...then its likely that the headgasket is your issue..I do hope this helps
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robert. I was thinking of draining the oil, flushing the engine and filling with new oil.
would this be a good or bad idea?