350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have a peugeot 407 auto and somtime whn gear changes i get a bang

Customer Question

hi my name is hassan
i have a peugeot 407 auto and somtime whn gear changes i get a bang as in the gear change makes a knock
what can i do to resolve this problem
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Hassan,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd say that this is a worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.