Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have 1998 1.1 Peugeot 106 which has started stalling

Customer Question

Hi i have 1998 1.1 Peugeot 106 which has started stalling the engine when it heats up won't start again until it cools down then will stop again once it heats up. There's a new coil pack throttle body crankshaft sensor and fuel pump been put on it.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Ross replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question! You have already replaced the usual suspects for this fault. There is only really one other thing left which will cause temperature dependent cutting out/non start, That is the ECU, ECU Failure often shows it's self in this way, especially on these models as the ECU Is under the bonnet it is more sensitive to the heat. The soldered joints on the ECU Circuit board can become dry, they loose connection as the ECU Warms up and the circuit board expands, as it begins to cool again it remakes the connection and the ECU Will come alive again.
The ECU can often be repaired by an electronics repair specialist, alternatively a replacement ECU Would be the next step. It would need to be an exact match of part number but can be replaced with a second hand ECU, if your model has an immobilizer it will need to be programmed to the key.
Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.