Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My 207 is stuck in 3rd and 4th gear and the gear stick is very

Customer Question

my 207 is stuck in 3rd and 4th gear and the gear stick is very wobbel can you help me
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
If it was stuck in 2 gears which isnt very common to happen to these cars that would mean an internal fault within the gearbox itself - id say going by your description of the gearstick being like you describe - the fault will be on the selector control side of things..in by i mean the fault will either be one of the selector control cables has failed or one the small ballsocket connectors on the gearbox selector mechansism has come off...id say from here at least is to get access to the top end of the gearbox locate the selector mechnisism on top..have someone in the car try the gears..if nothing happens at the gearbox ..then the problems the gear selector control cables has eiother comeaway at the gearbox end or under the gearstick itself..or one of the cables that control the right side of the gate has snapped..to remedy that fault requires both cables to be replaced and reset up..I do hope this helps