Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Robert, I have a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI SW. It has recently

Customer Question

Hi Robert, I have a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI SW. It has recently started to run really rough on start up.and it has what sounds like an exhaust blow when you put your foot down (might not be related). It picks up, but not like it should. I have had a diagnostic done, which showed no faults apart from a clutch fault (common when the clutch has been changed). I have changed the injectors and had the engine Terracleaned, which has got rid of the exhaust smoke, reduced engine noise and improved the running. Could it be the EGR valve? I have been in touch with a local Peugeot specialist who says that it's better to replace it rather than remove and clean it!.......any ideas??
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Its could well be EGR related.and it is possible to remove and clean them out..The dealer will always advise to replace - so in that view to at least save on cost..it would be better to actaully clean it out than just throw another one on it...so it might be something to do next..I note you mention ablowing noise..might be worth inspecting the exhaust system..around the turbo unit/wastegate at least..and of course the intake for any leaks...but start with the EGR clean out first id say just incase the valve inside is stuck with carbon/soot build up..just clean it out with carb cleaner or brake clean.and plenty of clothes and hard brush etc..I do hope this helps