Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

Robert, I recently bought a 2011 Peugeot 508. it had a new clutch fitted last year by P

Customer Question

Hi Robert, I recently bought a 2011 Peugeot 508. it had a new clutch fitted last year by Peugeot, Farnborough who sent it back to the previous owner but were unable to put the service lamp out and the start stop did not work. I have recently discovered the alternator is only delivering 12.5 volts (average) to the battery whilst it is passing 14.5 volts+ thru the power accumulator situated in the front of the nearside valance.
there is a fault code which translates to communication error within the stop start.
Whilst the start stop does not work is not an issue however the lack of battery charge causes headlamps and dash board lamps to flicker. More annoying is the warning message stating an engine fault which in turn prevents the service lamp going out.
do you have any ideas on how the power accumulator functions or is controlled.
Just spent a fortune on a new alternator due to a mis-diagnosis.
any pointers would be very helpful,
thanks.
Merv
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Merv,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shangai.
Thank you for your email.
I am well aware of the complexity of the problem and very much wish you to continue to find a solution.
Many thanks, *****