Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

There, recently my Peugeot 206 gti 180 (RC) has had all

Customer Question

Hi there, recently my Peugeot 206 gti 180 (RC) has had all of its brake lights stop working completely. I've checked all of the fuses and all of the bulbs and they're all fine. Any ideas on what could be the problem and how to fix it?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi...there.. Seeing as you havent mentioned checking - id certainly check out the brake light switch.this is often sometimes knocked out of place due its placement near the passenger foot well..if you look up behind the glovebox there is a bar running across the bulkhead thats transfers the brake pedal effort over the brake master cylinder on the passenger side,where its located - you should see the brake light switch..pull the 2 pin harness off the switch and then bridge the harness with a small wire or back probe each pin and the touch them together..and then turn the ignition and see if all the brake lights are on..if they are then the switch is bad or been dislodged to prevent it working..I do hope this helps