350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I've got a Peugeot 308 SW on a '09 plate, the turbocharger

Hi, I've got a Peugeot 308 SW on a '09 plate, the turbocharger has packed in & want to know if it could be a diy job or how much to have replaced by a garage?
Regards,
John.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
hello if you're competent with the spanners then yes a turbo swap is DIY able access is a bit tight as you need to get to it from underneath as well as the top but no special tools are required you will need space under the engine to drop the downpipe / catalyst off so get the car high enough to achieve thisand when fitting the new turbo check the condition of the oil feed and drain pipes for obstructions / dirt as this can kill a turbo pretty quickly
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you