Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

What means filter blocking fault on Peugeot 308 hdi 1,6

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. To clarify - you mean the DPF? What mileage does it have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know is it DPF. I just get an error message - filter blocking fault. I have ride allready 123963 mi.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Normally that mesage you have on the mesage screen is to with the DPF.deisel particulate filter...its means the filter is reached the point of requiring regeneration or failed regenerations have occurred..the car normally does it itself under certain driving conditions..the longer the cars used to better to complete the regeneration process.. Try at least driving the car at 60-70mph in 4th gear - for 10-20 miles roughly.This helps gets the anti pollution system or dpf filter upto temp / hot - to help burn off any soot build up in the filter.might be worth a try and see if the light/message goes out after doing so..sometimes it works sometimes not, if thats that case based on that. It would most definitely need to be hooked upto a suitable diagnostic machine /peugeot planet software to interrogate the ECU and determine what levels the filter is at whether it can be forced-regenerated or the end result particular when it gets upto those mileages the DPF requiring replacement...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tnx for answer.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
no problem hopefully it helps you out.. please ensure you have rated the answer above..thank you