Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I've just had a head gasket change by alocal garage and now the tappets seem

Customer Question

I've just had a head gasket change by alocal garage and now the tappets seem noisy - have I got a problem??
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to do 300 mile round journey tomorrow before I can get it back to the garage.Is it safe to do this with the tappet noise?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Depends on the extent of the noise..i cant honestly say without hearing it to say whether its safe or otherwise - but if it where me..id certainly ensure the engine does have sufficent oil in it and is upto the proper mark on the dipstick any oil lights that are coming on then do not use the car any further than risk further damage..besides that if the noise is emtting from the top end..then it could be a problem that needs to be checked and sorted out before even using the car on extened journey..could well be valve/tappet issue or an issue during installation of the timing belt..difficult to say like i mention above..best maybe using another vehicle or enquire with the garage before you attempt to do any long journeys in the car..they should be more than willing to check this over free of charge i would of thought...I do hope this helps