Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I've a flat battery on my peugoet partner van, how do I connect a charger to the batt

I've a flat battery on my peugoet partner van, how do I connect a charger to the battery ?
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.. You could try a jump start if you have access to leads and another car..just by hooking the positive to positive on the battery and negative black to a good ground on the engine itself..on the car used for jump starting then just hook the leads in order on both terminals on the battery..that way once the engine finally started then the car will charge its own battery if taken for run of upto 8-9 miles....if your hooking a trickle charger then you can do by just hooking it up as per to each terminal.negative to negative and positive to positive on the battery.and periodically check it from time to time to see what charge it sitting at enough before attempting to start the van..It shouldnt damage the battery but if it fairly old normally over 5-6 years old then it maybe time to replace it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery does not have negative terminal, which is why I'm asking , not sure if this is specific to being a diesel or peagot ?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
All batteries have a negative - yours depending on year - is likely the one with the negative terminal right at the back thats not reachable but the positive is at the front under the black flap...just hook the negative to a metal part of the engine should work...short of having to remove the plate/max fuses under the red cover and the black plastic casing around the battery to reach the negative to trickle charge..