Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

Where is the crankshaft sensor on my(###) ###-####hdi 57 reg. and how do i get at it??

where is the crankshaft sensor on my(###) ###-####hdi 57 reg. and how do i get at it??
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue to try and find ane answer for me. thank you Malcolm
Thank you for getting back to me.
We will continue to search for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.Welcome to JA.com.I hope I can help you today. I can see you have been waiting for help for a while and I am sorry about that.OK, according to my documentation I have here the crankshaft position sensor on the 1.4 hdi is actually on the timing belt end of the crankshaft and not on the bell housing. If you pull the cover aside in the right hand wheel arch so you can see the side of the engine the sensor should be plugged in on the rear of the engine by the crankshaft pulley. To remove it it is held in by one 10mm bolt.You have to remove it when you are fitting a timing belt.I hope this has helped you on this matter.Please rate my answer as this is how I get paid. Also any feedback is much appreciated. Accepting does not close the question so if you need more assistance you can still post on here.Plus, if you require help in the future you can contact me on here via my profile and I will be happy to help you again.Thank you in advanceNathan
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience: 20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Malcolm.I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you for accepting my answer and also for the bonus and feedback it is much appreciated. It was my pleasure to help you with your problem.Secondly, I would like to remind you that if you need any help in the future you can contact me via my profile on this site and I will be happy to help you again.Thank you againNathan