Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My 2005 2.0 litre diesel peugeot 206 is leaking coolant from

My 2005 2.0 litre diesel peugeot 206 is leaking coolant from a little blue cap which I *think* is the thermostat bleed valve?
What are the likely issues here? Or could it be as simple as the cap needs replacing?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi..there.. There is a bleeder on the thermostat housing as you rightly notice has blue cap.. bit like a tyre valve cap..If its leaking it could well be the cap might have a small hairline crack or the the hosuing might do which you need to inspect or the threads in which the cap screws onto might be worn and the cap cant tighten or seal properly.If thats the case then the options really are to get some instant gasket thats for coolant system housings and liberally apply that to the treads and screw it back on or glue the cap in place or replace thermostat housing.as anytime the thermostat would need replaced? it would be the entire housing with that bleeder on it aswell as your temp sensor,so glueing or sealer in place would make sense and hopefully seal it once its cured..If it does tighten and still leaks then i would try and get a hold of another cap and see if thats works out..
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got myself some instant gasket and applied plenty to the thread and at the base of the cap once it was screwed back on and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!