Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have replaced the ecu bsi and key fob chip on my 2005 Peugeot

Customer Question

I have replaced the ecu bsi and key fob chip on my 2005 Peugeot 206sw 2.0 hdi but the car will not start, I was sent a replacement immoboliser as well, but I was told I do not need to use it.
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you took my credit card details yesterday morning and have not replied. i was issued with a temporary password ***** it is not accepted so I cant log in
is this some kind of con, get your credit card details then ignore me?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 7 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Hi . Sorry that you have had to wait all thios time do you still need assistance with this issue . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the question I requested on the 20th, my credit card has been debited, so I am not a timewaster.
Perhaps you will be good enough to to anser my question as below.
Gordon E Stewart.
The question.
I have replaced the ecu bsi and key fob...
I have replaced the ecu bsi and key fob chip on my 2005 Peugeot 206sw 2.0 Hdi but the car will not start, I was sent a replacement immobiliser as well, but I was told I do not need to use it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want to talk on the phone, I just want you answer my question by mail.. is that too much to expect after paying for the service?
Gordon E Stewart
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
Okay good thank you . When you replace these parts you have to have them all programmed to each other otherwise they can not communiccate with each other ,NO START .You need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan to with the right programming software so the system can be married up to each other .Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The parts are programmed together as they come from a car that has been broken up. So the parts match. I have fitted the ECU, BSI and chip in the key fob. The central locking works fine but the car will not start, do I need to fit the immoboliser as well?
I was told I only needed to change the ECU , BSI and key fob chip, nothing else, perhaps you could advise.
Gordon
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.
If the immo is from the donor car then yes as this is the most important part of the link .all parts have to be together from the donor car even the key chip. Rgds Greg