Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

The wheel unlocking device o my Peugeot 207 (07 reg) has gone

the wheel unlocking device o my Peugeot 207 (07 reg) has gone missing. all tyre specialist and the local garage that I have asked about this say they cannot remove the nut.
I am extremely anxious about this as my husband is disabled and we need the car o a daily basis
Can you help
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Just to confirm - Did you ask Peugeot if they could order another removal key?? What steps have been taken to try and remove them if anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to the Peugeot dealer who sold me the car several years ago but as I could not find a serial no
among the paperwork for the car they were not helpful, No attempt has been mad to remove them.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Normally the serial number or code can be on the box the locking key is supplied with sometimes its ona peugeot code card if it stil within the documents..without it sometimes the dealer cant help.i do know that and not just peugeot - i do some dealers have an assortment of keys and can sometimes get the code by finding one that fits..not all peugeot dealers have that option sadly.which is probably the same with yours...All i can suggest and this is pretty much standard practice really - if you know of local garage with a "Dynomec Locking Wheelnut Remover kit" that will get the locking wheel nuts off,i have that kit myself and shouldnt see why that wont be able to get them off..dont have someone go smacking sockets or drilling or welding nuts to them often it can make removal alot more difficult if they damage the wheel nut..by using the Kit i mentioned above it should be straight forward..that way you can either order another set from peugeot 4 wheel nuts along with the key or buy a quality after market set and ask your garage to fit them once you get the old locking wheel nuts off..If your with the AA or RAC all their patrols should carry the Dynomec kit for that very issue on all cars..so really as above thats basically the route you need to take on this one...I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No problem.. If you could leave a rating for my answer above..it would be most appreciated..thank you